Saturday, August 11, 2012

What to do with White Fish?

Halibut, when wild-caught, is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids which promote healthy brain function, eye health, balances mood, reduces inflammation (a precursor for all disease) and may even improve cardiovascular health. With all of these health benefits, I am all for eating more of this white, flaky fish. I have it shipped right to my door and it already comes in prepackaged 6 oz. portions. Folks, it doesn’t get much easier than this!

To me, halibut just doesn’t have much flavor, and if you read my last post, you know that I am a big fan of mustard, so I thought, why not spread a little mustard on some halibut and bake it for dinner? The result was a simple, yet delicious and nutritious dinner in just minutes.

Ingredients:
Halibut (cut into 6 oz. portions)
Celtic Sea Salt
Black Pepper
Stone Ground Mustard
Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Oil a glass baking dish with extra-virgin coconut oil.

Place halibut in the baking dish. Sprinkle salt and pepper (it just takes a little) and spread stone ground mustard over each piece of halibut. I like a lot of mustard on mine, so you can add a little or a lot. Mustard is a low-calorie condiment and the turmeric in it is anti-inflammatory, so I am a big fan of it and use it liberally on my fish.

Bake for about 12-15 minutes.

Asparagus and broccoli salad are perfect accompaniments to halibut. Light and nutrient dense.

No comments:

Post a Comment