Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Power Breakfast


This breakfast was so very delicious and nutritious that I had to have it two mornings in a row! The raspberries and pears pack in great fiber and are wonderful for hydrating the body first thing in the morning.

The organic eggs from pastured chickens are considered a perfect protein because they each contain 6 grams of protein; the 8 essential amino acids for building and maintaining muscles, bones, and vital organs; vitamin B12; vitamin E; calcium; zinc; iron and many other essential nutrients. And surprisingly, most of these nutrients are found in the yolk.

The real piece de resistance of this meal is the cheesy cauliflower made with Beyond Organic Really Raw Havarti Cheese. I made my usual cauliflower puree by lightly cooking the cauliflower then tossing it in a Vitamix/blender with ½ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a little Celtic Sea Salt. Then, I added a new ingredient…the Really Raw Havarti Cheese from Beyond Organic…


and pureed it until smooth. It was the perfect addition to eggs for breakfast. Cauliflower is one of the top foods when it comes to nutrition and then adding the really raw cheese increased my intake of healthy fats and proteins.

Really Raw Cheese is never heated above the body temperature of the cow. This low temperature processing protects the natural enzymes and probiotics from being destroyed. I have never been a big fan of cheese until now. In the past I had very little tolerance for dairy products (just the thought of it would make my stomach ache), especially cheese, but the breed of cattle, pasture feeding of the cattle, and Olde World production of Really Raw Cheese creates a very nutritious and highly tolerable product. I even enjoy eating the Havarti or Cheddar with raw veggies as a snack.


Seriously, this is SO GOOD and with 7 grams of protein in 1 ounce of cheese, you really must give it a try!

Beyond Organic Really Raw Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment