Friday, January 13, 2012

Half Marathon #2 and The “Suero Effect”

I’m less than 24 hours away from running my second half marathon and I am thrilled about this one! It is going to be cold, cold, COLD in Florida…30-something degrees at race start time. My last half marathon was challenging because of the hills, this one will be challenging because of the COLD weather…did I mention it is going to be COLD?! Thanks to my mom and dad, who gave me some really cute and warm running gear from Lulu Lemon for Christmas, I am fully prepared for the cold and hoping to improve my running time just a little.

In preparation for the run, I’ve been loading up on fresh organic fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, and proteins all week, drinking plenty of water and my new favorite hydrator: Raspberry Lemonade SueroViv.


Whenever I feel like I need a little burst of energy, whether I’ve been cleaning the house, working out or am just feeling the afternoon “sleepies” coming on (which is happening a lot this week thanks to my new nanny job, but that is a post for another time!), SueroViv has become my number one choice for a little boost. Even just a few sips in a juice-size glass will really perk me up.

Apparently, I’m not the only one who is LOVING SueroViv and experiencing the many benefits from drinking it regularly…I couldn’t have said it better myself, so here is the latest news from the Beyond Organic Ranch on The “Suero Effect”:

The benefits of SueroViv are no accident. Most of the testimonials about SueroViv start “I don’t know why SueroViv works…but I love it.” Here are the three biggest reasons we believe SueroViv should be your go to performance beverage:

1. Cultured Whey – This truly “super” beverage is loaded with nutrition in the form of electrolytes and B vitamins. People have commented on the completely “replenished” feeling SueroViv provides after a long day or exhausting workout.

2. Probiotics – SueroViv is cultured using beneficial microorganisms that create enzymes and organic acids.

3. Essential Oils – The life essence of plants, essential oils contain concentrated antioxidants and beneficial compounds and have been considered to be more valuable than precious metals and gem stones as a means of currency in biblical times. Essential oils are celebrated the world over as a topical and oral health boost. SueroViv is the only beverage we know of containing powerful organic essential oils in every sip.


SueroViv, meaning “whey of life”, is an excellent “sports drink” because it begins with whey from GreenFed organically produced milk, that has naturally occurring sodium, potassium, B vitamins, calcium and other key nutrients. The whey is combined with Reign Supreme Mountain Spring Water, honey (a proven sports performance enhancer), and organic juices and essential oils.

Because I’m not a fan of overly sweet things, I find SueroViv to be a perfect balance of sweet and tart. SueroViv comes in five flavors – Citrus, Orange Cinnamon, Raspberry Lemonade, Green and Gold.

I’ll be sure to have a bottle of Raspberry Lemonade waiting at the finish line on Saturday morning!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Brooke! I know you'll have a great race and a strong finish!! (But...Orange Cinnamon Suero is the BEST...ha ha ha) :)

    ReplyDelete