Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Frog Prince, Pink Hearts, and Something Sweet

Happy Valentine’s Day!

As my mom gives me a Valentine’s gift, she says to me (please hear the humor in her voice as she is saying this): I’ve prayed and thanked God for the revealing of your husband-to-be until I’m tired of hearing it, and I’m sure God is too…and I’ve listened to your dad pray during our nightly prayer time until I’m just about tired of hearing him pray about it, so this is the best I can do.





As I’m reading the directions, I see that there is this tiny little hole through which I am to fill his tank with water (I like this "just add water" approach...sure beats kissing frogs!)…


then he is supposed to bubble for a few minutes and turn into a prince...let's just say my idea of a few minutes is a lot shorter than the actual time it took for him to shed all of his froggy outer layer...









I watched him transforming for a while, as I could see the prince emerging, I wanted to shake the sludge off of him myself, but he was enclosed so I couldn't do that. My mom, in her wisdom, said, "trust me, even though you want to help speed up the process, it's better if we let it happen as it should...no matter how long it takes." I'm sure this applies to more than my little prince here...I eventually went about the business of the day to come back and find a mostly revealed prince. As directed, I poured out the green water and refilled his tank with clean water. He's still a little slimy, but in 3 days the slime should be gone and this prince should be full grown...I think he'll be quite cute once the goo is gone...


While I await my prince, here are a some treats I'm enjoying this Valentine’s Day…

Raspberry Chocolate Hearts



Ingredients

16 oz. Raspberry Amasai
½ Cup Mini Dark Chocolate Chips

Stir amasai and chocolate chips together in a mixing bowl. Pour into heart shaped mold. Place in the freezer to set. Remove from freezer about 10 minutes to soften before enjoying.

Hearts mean love…especially when made into a “healthy shape” for my niece and nephew…


Brownies for friends…


A new favorite…

Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting


Ingredients
4 Eggs
1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
1/4 Cup Cocoa
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Maple Syrup

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Pressing out any lumps and stirring until well combined. Line Muffin pan with parchment paper liners. Pour into 8 muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.

Chocolate Frosting

1 Cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 Cup extra virgin coconut oil
2 Tablespoons maple syrup, grade B
1 Tablespoons vanilla extract

Combine all ingredients in a boiler over low heat. Stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is well combined. Place boiler in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Remove from freezer and whip with a hand held blender. The mixture will become thick. Spread over cupcakes and share with someone you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment