Thursday, December 1, 2011

Light

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep…And God said, “Let there be light…and it was good.”- Genesis 1:1-3

I am so very thankful today that God saw darkness and gave us light in the beginning, in the birth of Christ and in our souls. That He takes darkness and nothingness and creates something. That when Mary’s response to the angel was, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” (Luke 1:38), and she died to her expectations and her plans, fully accepting the gift God was giving to her, He filled her emptiness with the fullness of Himself.

I am so thankful that He sees darkness and emptiness and needs and longings and He knows better than I do how to fill those places and all I have to do is open my hands to receive the gifts He has prepared. When I don’t know what to ask, He knows and He gives and it is good.

He who did not spare His own son, but gave him up for us all, how will He not also, along with him, graciously give us all things. – Romans 8:32

I’ve been putting up the Christmas tree and setting out other decorations this week, flooding darkened places with tiny white lights, turning on lamps, and lighting candles all as reminders of the light He gives.


No comments:

Post a Comment