Friday, January 24, 2014

A Fun Design Project

It's been a while since my last post, what can I say…life's been busy! I've been working on a design project, and thought, "what better way to break the silence on my blog than with some photos?" It turned out just as I hoped it would, maybe even better. I have a mixture of old and new items that just came together so wonderfully and I couldn't be more pleased. As I went shopping for new items, I was astounded and amazed at how with every store entered and every aisle turned, I would look up and see something that was just perfect for the space. All I had to do was simply walk through with my eyes wide open and the just right pieces seemed to be waiting for me.

One great find was this cute little lamp. However, the shade was far too plain...


I took fabric from an old pillow case, some spare ribbon and fabric tape and in a short amount of time had dressed it up a bit. It was the perfect solution for a customized look.



In the room, all of the wood pieces of furniture came from the local unfinished wood store. I was able to really make each piece my own by choosing the height, depth, width, doors, shelves and finishes and paint colors. I had so much fun making the decisions and finally seeing it all come together. 

For the TV stand, I bought mercury glass knobs to replace the standard wood knobs. This helped dress it up and give it an even more personalized look. 



I first saw the donkey footstool at my aunt's house. Then was able to find one of my own during an After Christmas Sale online. He has been a big hit with my nephew and nieces. 






My table is a little unfinished as it is missing a centerpiece, but I'm confident the just right centerpiece will eventually be found. 



Since this post didn't include a recipe or any talk of food, I thought I'd throw in a picture of my very small, but well-stocked with nutritious items pantry. 


I couldn't be more happy to have started the new year with wrapping up this fun design project, seeing everything come together and enjoying the new space. Feeling truly blessed.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. - Ecclesiastes 3:11



No comments:

Post a Comment