Friday, January 31, 2014

Going Forth

My heart is hurting and I’m sad because I’ve spent and used up all of my resources trying to do things on my own, trying to do or accomplish something using the wrong method, the “self” method, rather than trusting and praying and waiting on God. So, I’m letting go of my own plan and trusting God now to use the painful experiences to teach me, grow me and draw me nearer to Himself. As tears stream down my face from heartache and disappointment, the Spirit (who surely is pleading for me with groans words cannot express) reminded me:

Those who sow in tears will reap with shouts of joy! He who goes out weeping, bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy, bringing his sheaves with him. – Psalm 126:5-6

Though I go forth with tears, I can rest assured that I will once again be renewed to a greater joy and experience of God’s blessings. I’m thankful for a Father God who wipes my tears and stoops to cup my face in His hands, filling me with His peace and presence.

I do not know what the next minute, hour, day or week holds, but I am the child of an amazing God who holds each moment. I look around and see situations of uncertainty and am unsure of what next step to take, but He knows.

When you walk, your step will not be hampered, and if you run, you will not stumble. – Proverbs 4:12

With Him who holds my tomorrows, all things are possible…strength to heal, wisdom to discern, compassion to restore, repair and remain or let go and move on…I trust that my merciful Father will lead and guide my mind and heart, opening my eyes to see as I walk with Him, not fighting Him, but rather trusting Him and accepting what He gives. I am believing the word of God that tells me there are good things for me here on earth and that He has a plan prosper me and give me hope and a future.

As I go out, sowing the seeds that you give, Lord, I am weeping forward in full hope of what you have planned. Though I cannot see it, Lord, I know my future is as if it has already happened and you see the fullness. Please renew my mind, heart, soul and strength for this day and for this wintry season of waiting. Lord, I trust you to water and nurture the seeds that are sown and I trust you for the day when those seeds begin to sprout and grow and blossom. Thank you Jesus for the comfort You bring to my soul and the calming of fears with your Word of Truth.


The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands. – Psalm 138:8

No comments:

Post a Comment